用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:【英文阅读】有梦想的人不图安逸

字体:    回复
【英文阅读】有梦想的人不图安逸
palm21(2016/10/24 16:35:02)  点击:44567  回复:0  IP:116.* * *
4 Reasons Why Being Comfortable Isn’t a Good Thing

We should all be comfortable, shouldn’t we?Well the answer may be obvious to most; yes of course everyone should have the right to a comfortable life. However comfort most often goes hand in hand with stagnation, in whatever your goals may be.Being comfortable means that you have accomplished what you think is necessary and have no further interest in pursuing goals of self-improvement in your health, career, mind and overall life.If you are comfortable and have no intentions of interrupting the daily motions of your current lifestyle, then read no further; however if you are looking to better yourself and pursue goals and dreams, I have compiled four reasons why you should never let yourself get comfortable until you have accomplished all that you have set out to accomplish.“Even though I played professionally in Cleveland, I still lived in Akron. Everything was comfortable. I knew everything, everybody knew me—everything was comfortable. I needed to become uncomfortable.” -Lebron James (NBA) on his decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers and join the Miami Heat

1. You Lose Sight of Your Goals

I may have seemed a bit pushy in the last section about “goals”, but there is a good reason for it. Having goals and MOST IMPORTANTLY staying on top of them is probably the key to success, (if one existed ( it doesn’t!). It may sound cliché and you may hear it from just about anyone, however that’s because it works!It truly does work. Having no goals is like driving your car endlessly without a destination. It may be exciting for a while, but eventually you’ll run out of gas and you’ll be stranded in the middle of nowhere.Get your goals on paper,constantly keep reminding yourself.You can’t be comfortable if you have goals to achieve every day.Working is the exact opposite of comfort.Work on your goals every day and keep them logged.

2. You Lose Motivation

So you have a job, you have a house, you have a car, you have a gf/wife, you have food every day, you’re comfortable. So what’s the point? Why further pursue anything now that your basic human needs are taken care of.Well that’s what separates the average joe from the likes of Bill Gates, Lebron James, Isac Newton, Oprah Winfrey and anyone else who kept pushing until their names were known by the masses.Getting motivated is hard enough, STAYING motivated is a whole new ball game. It’s one of the hardest things to do, but it’s also one of the virtues that pays of most in the long run. Being comfortable only makes it harder because it hinders your passion and drive.Tips to Get and Stay Motivated,Clearly define your goals, write them down, let them be known to others,Don’t dwell on superficial motivation, you must dig deep in your own mind and find reasons why something is important to YOU not to society and those around you,Hang around positive people,Try 1 new thing every day, keep your life interesting,Stay curious and open minded about EVERYTHING,Head online and find some motivational videos, blog posts, etc.Did I mention to write your goals down? Seriously, do it. If you can’t focus on your goals every single day, then you might as well quit now

3. You Stop thinking

When you’re comfortable, what is there to think about? Not much really. The farthest your brain will ponder is flavor of Doritos is your favorite as you watch reruns of The Office on Netflix.Thinking is the one thing that really, really makes humans a special species. We have the ability to solve problems, innovate, create, plan, entertain, wonder and experience a huge range of emotions. Yet a lot of people tend to stop thinking once they become too comfy. Thinking is hard, why think when you can have instant brain stimulation from things like tv shows, the internet and etc.. But thinking is also your key to success. If you can’t clearly think about your future plans, your strategy for success or how you are going to pursue all of your goals then you are miles behind the word success.If your goals are not on your mind 24/7, odds are you aren’t giving them the proper priority they need.

4. You Stop Pushing

You may not be Lebron James, and neither am I, except for the identical basketball skills and athleticism me and him share (I kid), however we are all human, and all of us are subject to human error.You may be suffering from the same dilemmas as Lebron was while playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers. He was on top, he was the king, he was comfortable and because of his comfort he stopped reaching for greatness, he stopped pushing. You may be in the same situation. Being comfortable; lying on the couch; talking to the same people; reading the same books, watching the same shows; doing the same things everyday. These are the type of things preventing you from leaving your comfort zone and exploring new options, new ways of pursuing your goals.

Things that don’t keep pushing get pushed back.

Conclusion:

Being comfy is fun and all, but that state is reserved for those who dream small. For those who have nothing they are working towards.

If you have goals you want to accomplish, the very last thing you want to do is lie down and take a nap.

Being successful is supposed to be hard, otherwise we’d all be billionaires.
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:【英文阅读】有梦想的人不图安逸
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找