用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:[双语阅读]英国女王2013圣诞致辞:停下来想一想

字体:    回复
[双语阅读]英国女王2013圣诞致辞:停下来想一想
chatnet(2013/12/29 9:26:17)  点击:54911  回复:0  IP:124.* * *
 The Queen talks of the 'renewed happiness and hope' brought by her great-grandson, Prince George, in this year's Christmas message。
  在今年的圣诞致辞中,英国女王伊丽莎白二世谈到了重孙乔治王子降生所带来的幸福与希望。

The 83-year-old monarch said the arrival of a baby gives people 'the chance to contemplate the future,' and offers viewers a rare glimpse into royal life with previously unseen footage of his christening day。
  现年83岁的女王在致辞中说,小王子的降生让人们能怀抱着幸福与希望思考未来,并让人们有一睹皇室生活的机会,而在过去,人们是看不到小王子受洗的画面的。

Addressing the nation from the Blue Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace, Her Majesty emphasises the importance of reflection as the year draws to an end。
  女王在白金汉宫的蓝色会客厅里向全国发表了致辞。在致辞中,女王强调,随着一年又要接近尾声,反思是非常重要的。

'We all need to get the balance right between action and reflection,' she says in the speech that was recorded earlier this month。
  “我们都需要在行动与反思之间保持平衡。”女王在本月初录制的演讲中说道。

Dressed in the canary yellow gown she wore to the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in April 2011, Her Majesty tells viewers: 'With so many distractions, it's easy to forget to pause and take stock.'
  致辞中,女王身着曾在2011年4月参加威廉王子婚礼时所穿的淡黄色礼服,对全世界观众说:“纷繁的世界很容易让人忘记要停下来好好想一想做过的事情。”

Her Majesty wears the diamond, ruby and sapphire brooch that was given to her by her parents to celebrate the birth of Prince Charles in 1948, for the message which is delivered in front of a glistening Christmas tree。
  女王在胸口佩戴了由钻石、红宝石、蓝宝石镶嵌的胸针,那是1948年女王母亲为庆祝查尔斯王子诞生而送给她的礼物。在女王身后的是闪闪发光的圣诞树。

During speech that will be broadcast on BBC, previously unseen footage of the historic photoshoot that took place at Clarence House to commemorate Prince George's christening。
  在BBC即将播出的讲话中,人们还能看到此前未正式发布的有关乔治王子在克拉伦斯宫受洗的历史性照片的片段。

The photograph, taken in October after the service at the Chapel Royal in St James's Palace, marked the first occasion the reigning monarch and three direct heirs to the throne had been pictured together since 1894. 这张照片是十月份王子受洗仪式之后在圣詹姆斯宫的皇家礼拜堂拍摄的,照片也成为自1894年以来在位君主与三位王位直接继承人的首次合影。

A framed print of the photograph is perched on a nearby table, with black and white images of the Queen's late parents, King George VI and the Queen Mother。
  这张相片被放进相框摆放在旁边的桌子上,旁边还有女王已故双亲(英王乔治六世和王后)的黑白相片。

英国女王伊丽莎白二世在一年一度的圣诞节讲话中强调反思的重要性。女王表示在人生混乱的时候,有必要在发生大事的时候“停下来想一想”。同时,还公开了英国女王与三位皇位直接继承人的合影。

英国女王2013年圣诞致辞完整文本:
  I once knew someone who spent a year in a plaster cast recovering from an operation on his back. He read a lot and thought a lot and felt miserable。

Later he realized this time of forced retreat from the world had helped him to understand the world more clearly。

We all need to get the balance right, between action and reflection. With so many distractions, it is easy to forget to pause and take stock。

Be it through contemplation, prayer or even keeping a diary, many have found the practice of quiet personal reflection surprisingly rewarding, even discovering greater spiritual depth to their lives。

Reflection can take many forms. When families and friends come together at Christmas, it's often a time for happy memories and reminiscing. Our thoughts are with those we have loved who are no longer with us. We also remember those who through doing their duty cannot be at home for Christmas, such as workers in essential or emergency services。

And especially at this time of year, we think of the men and women serving overseas in our armed forces. We are forever grateful to all those who put themselves at risk to keep us safe。

Service and duty are not just the guiding principles of yesteryear. They have an enduring value which spans the generations。

I myself had cause to reflect this year, at Westminster Abbey, on my own pledge of service made in that great church on Coronation Day 60 years earlier。

The anniversary reminded me of the remarkable changes that have occurred since the coronation, many of them for the better. And of the things that have remained constant, such as the importance of family, friendship and good neighbourliness。

But reflection is not just about looking back. I and many others are looking forward to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow next year。

The baton relay left London in October and is now on the other side of the world on its way across 70 nations and territories before arriving in Scotland next summer. Its journey is a reminder that the Commonwealth can offer us a fresh view of life。

My son Charles summed this up at the recent meeting in Sri Lanka. He spoke of the Commonwealth's family ties that are a source of encouragement to many。

Like any family, there can be differences of opinion. But however strongly they're expressed, they are held within the common bond of friendship and shared experiences。

Here at home, my own family is a little larger this Christmas. As so many of you will know, the arrival of a baby gives everyone the chance to contemplate the future with renewed happiness and hope。

For the new parents, life will never be quite the same again. As with all who are christened, George was baptized into a joyful faith of Christian duty and service。

After the christening we gathered for the traditional photograph. It was a happy occasion, bringing together four generations。

In the year ahead, I hope you will have time to pause for moments of quiet reflection. As the man in the plaster cast discovered, the results can sometimes be surprising. For Christians, as for all people of faith, reflection, meditation and prayer help us to renew ourselves in God's love as we strive daily to become better people。

The Christmas message shows us that this love is for everyone. There is no one beyond its reach。

On the first Christmas in the fields above Bethlehem, as they sat in the cold of night watching their resting sheep, the local shepherds must have had no shortage of time for reflection。

Suddenly all this was to change. These humble shepherds were the first to hear and ponder the wondrous news of the birth of Christ. The first Noel, the joy of which we celebrate today。

I wish you all a very happy Christmas。

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[双语阅读]英国女王2013圣诞致辞:停下来想一想
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找