用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:双语阅读:2012年12月12日全球掀起结婚潮

字体:    回复
双语阅读:2012年12月12日全球掀起结婚潮
besky(2012/12/14 23:08:40)  点击:54275  回复:0  IP:219.* * *
     Wednesdays aren't usually popular days to have a wedding, but this Wednesday is very popular because the date is December 12, 2012 – 12/12/12.

We caught up with one bride, who, like thousands of others around the globe, will be tying the knot in two days.

Deborah Thomas is trying on dresses for her wedding in two days. She wants the dress to be perfect.

"It's a little bit too much bling for what I like. I like something very simple and elegant."

She and her fiancé chose December, specifically the 12th of December for their wedding, because of the numbers 12/12/12.

Deborah and her ex-husband will be re-married on this iconic date -- this time for good.

The two are not alone. 12/12/12 is a very popular date for weddings and the last of this type of repeating numbers for the century.

Beside the interesting numbers, for Deborah and Adam, the date holds extra meaning.

"That was the day we met. We actually met at a Christmas party and... he lost a game of pool so he had to take me to dinner," says Deborah.

Many other couples will be doing the same thing.

"43 percent of brides want to get married on an iconic day such as 12/12/12. it's an important date for fiancés to remember. They like the numbers, they feel it's lucky," says Mandy Sommer, David's Bridal.

And because Deborah believes it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride in her dress before the wedding, Deborah wants Adam, who may be watching, to know this: "The ones we tried on today are not what we picked out… I didn't want him to see me in the actual dress."

Some believe 12/12/12 signifies the universe's entering Age of Aquarius, a time believed to bring harmony, understanding, and peace to earth, all important qualities for a good marriage.

三本不是结婚的“旺日”,但本周三全球却迎来了结婚潮,因为恰逢2012年12月12日(12/12/12)。

我们联系到将在这天结婚的一位新娘,全球将有数万人在这一天结婚。

黛博拉-托马斯正在为两天内的婚礼试穿婚纱。她想要一套完美的婚纱。

“对我来说这套婚纱太闪亮了,我想要简单一些、优雅一些的婚纱。”

她和她的未婚夫选择了12月12日举行婚礼,因为这一天是“12/12/12”。

黛博拉和她的前夫将在这有纪念意义的一天复婚,而这次婚姻将是永恒。

有很多新人选择在这一天结婚。2012年12月12日掀起了结婚潮,这一天也是本世纪最后一个年月日重复的日期。

除了日期有纪念意义外,对黛博拉和亚当来说,这一天还有其他含义。

黛博拉说:“这也是我们初遇的日子。我们其实是在一场圣诞派对上遇见的,他玩儿游戏输了,因此要请我吃晚餐。”

还有众多新人选择在这一天结婚。

大卫的新娘曼迪-萨默说:“43%的新娘想在有纪念意义的一天结婚,比如2012年12月12日。这是未婚夫要铭记的重要的一天。他们喜欢这个日期,感觉这一天很幸运。”

因为黛博拉认为新郎在婚礼前看见新娘穿着婚纱很不吉利,因此她想让也许正在观望的亚当知道:“我们今天试穿的婚纱不是我们选出的婚服,我不想让他看到我穿着当天婚纱的样子。”

有些人认为12/12/12象征着宇宙进入了“宝瓶宫时段”,人们认为这一时段会带来和谐、理解、地球的和平、以及对一段美好的婚姻生活来说所有重要的特性。

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:双语阅读:2012年12月12日全球掀起结婚潮
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找